Thursday, December 28, 2017

Thu - Dec 28/17

Today started off as usual. I drove Charlotte to the Craft Room and then returned to the RV because the Lodge was "Off Limits". The "DO NOT ENTER" sign was posted because of an exercise group (Yoga) was in session. I proceeded to pack up the Backup Camera unit that had to be returned to the seller. They included a return UPS label with the replacement unit shipment.


I brought the package to the Main Office. They will pass it on to UPS the next time (usually daily) that they make a delivery to the park (All park resident deliveries go through the office).

I expected to be able to now go to the Lodge to use the Wi-Fi. The sign was still up. Apparently their are two different groups and one usually stays longer than the other. I took my computer into the Craft Room to use its Wi-Fi.

Where's Charlotte?  She went out one door to see if I had returned just as I entered the other door. She then returned when she saw the car parked in it's usual spot. She wanted a ride to the office to get the key for the craft room cupboard. Another crafter (Jean) usually picks it up every day; but she wasn't there today and Charlotte needed the iron.


Well, it was back to the office to get the key. Then it was back to the Craft Room.(really designated as the Multi-Purpose Room). By now (after 10 a.m.) the Do No Enter sign was down; however I had left my computer in the craft room so I returned there.


Ooops! It was gone (actually moved). The table it was on (a long table) was needed so a quilt could be spread out. The computer was now on a round table at the other end of the room.

I thought the computer was at least back to operating normally. Guess Again! Today, the computer will not even connect toMicrosoft's own update site although the internet connected and working. Updates says it isn't connected.

Back to the drawing board. Once again I ran scf /scannow (as an administrator) and Windows Resource Protection could not find any integrity violations.

Once again, (this seems to be the norm) I will pre-publish today's blog in case the computer crashes. If there is no blog for a few days, please forgive me. I'm sure you will understand.

I will now run some other checks that I can do that will take quite a while.

The Checks being done are:

To run an SFC scan, follow these steps:      
1.      Run Command Prompt as Administrator.      
2.      Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.       
  
Method 3: Run DISM Tool.      
To run the DISM tool, follow these steps:      
1.      Run Command Prompt as Administrator.      
2.      Type the following command:      
1.      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth      
2.      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth      
NOTE: This might take a while to finish scanning. Do not cancel.     
  
Method 4: Clean Boot.    
To perform a Clean Boot, click here.    
  

Note: Reset the computer back to Normal Mode once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the same article. 

Well - I made it back (8:45 p.m.) and the Microsoft Update is now working. The above procedures showed no errors; however, it now will connect with the Microsoft Update Service. Who knows? (Microsoft probably doesn't).

Everyone departed the Craft Room (except Charlotte and I) like clockwork (by noon). Charlotte and I stayed for another hour. I helped Charlotte a few times.
She brought a "Pool Noodle" from the RV that we use to roll up the privacy screens that we put on the RV. It keeps them from creasing. Using the same logic


I was now helping Charlotte rolling her quilt (front and back) sections after ironing. This way they won't be creased. (She's a Smart Cookie, EH!).


We left for the motorhome at 1 p.m. I made Marie Callender's Turkey Pot Pie (a favourite of hours) in the microwave (7 minutes each) while Charlotte prepared a salad. Lunch was quick and easy.


Today warmed up to 70 F; however there was no sunshine even after the morning fog burnt off. This was a good day to veg! By mid-afternoon the temp had dropped significantly. Although it is nothing like the - 40 F (and C - that temp is the same in both scales) I turned on the Fireplace (Electric) to take the chill out of the air.

We relaxed and did a few odd jobs around the motorhome. After Jeopardy I once again headed to the Lodge to complete today's blog (if all still worked). Obviously, it did.


OMS is concerned about the flu, etc. Self-standing Hand Sanitizers are now placed in several areas around the campground. Just another way OMS is exceptional.

It took less than half an hour to come and update todays's blog - something of a record.

No plans yet for tomorrow?




No comments: