Saturday, December 23, 2017

Sat - Dec 23/17

Last night I worked for several hours (until 3 a.m). Two Techs later I had a few dozen sheets of instruction printed out on what I had to do to the computer's BIOS. Microsoft may have finally discovered that the problem exist for older computers that started as Windows 7 installations and eventually updated to Windows 10.

I then made an appointment for a level 2 tech for 10 a.m. Then I was off to bed.

Today:

I have been waiting in the Lodge for the Windows Tech call back for 3 hours. At 1 p.m. I contacted and got another Tech who said that to solve the problem would require a Custom "Clean" install. This means I will loose all my programs (but, not the data files).

It is now almost 2:30 p.m. I will now follow the instructions he emailed. I am pre-publishing today's blog with the note that it may take a few days to get things up and running again.

In the meantime have a Merry Christmas!

Charlotte and Bill

P.S. I will update this if all works out.


Addendum:


I returned to the RV after 6 p.m. Charlotte made pizza - what a treat.

It is now 9:45 p.m. and it (once again) appears to be working. I just got Windows Office installed so I now have email. The internet is working (using my cell phone as a "Hot Spot") so I have added to the earlier blog entry for today.

I also installed the Epson XP-800 so I can now print. Back to installing the almost 200 apps that were removed by the "clean install". We will see how long this works.

Once again, Merry Christmas (if it doesn't).

No comments: