Saturday, December 30, 2017

Sat - Dec 30/17

Still cool and dull. Even though it is brighter today there is little direct sunshine. Temps still below 70 F and will be below 60 F in the New Year. This makes it hard to feel like going anywhere.

We watch TV in bed until 10 a.m. then it was cereal for breakfast. We didn't feel like anything fancy - not even like making our McD's. (Breakfast Sandwich Muffins)

I went to the MPR to use the Wi-Fi about 10:30. Jean and Martha were working on their quilt projects. Eventually both left before noon. I was alone for a bit and continued to load the remainder of my Audible Audio Books. The "T's" will take a few hours.

Another lady arrived to use the Wi-Fi to try and get her printer working. I offered my assistance if she wanted help. She had an ink supply service that she cancelled and now her printer wouldn't work for her. (It wasn't because of that). She was on hold on the phone for about a half hour before getting a tech. Another half hour passed trying different solutions while she talked to the tech on her cell phone. After an hour she found out that she needed a cord to connect the printer to her computer so she could print. I could have told her that in 30 seconds. She ordered a cord from HP through the tech.


I helped her carry the computer to her golf cart. She is from Michigan and had lived on Mackinac Island at one time. We managed to at least visit the quaint island a few times. We talked about the Grand Hotel. It's like going back to the 1890's. No vehicles (except emergency units) are allowed on the island.

She said it was a challenge using bicycles in the summer and snowmobiles in the winter. This explains why she knew the correct pronunciation of Long Sault (where we live home) since she was familiar with the cities of  Sault Ste. Marie (one in MI and another in ON). These cities are about an hour north of Mackinac Island.

I worked until almost 2 p.m. on downloading then packed up and returned to the RV. I was now up to the "THE M's" titles. About 50 more to go.


When I returned to the RV I found we had new neighbours from New Jersey. We haven't met them yet; but Charlotte would like to as it appears they have two Cocker Spaniels.

It was now nicer than expected with sunshine; however it was still cool and the wind had the flags flying straight out and to the South. This means the "Cold Air from Canada" will be upon us for a while yet.

Charlotte made sandwiches for lunch.


We ate while watching the movie "Cellular" on TV. A young man receives an emergency phone call on his cell phone from an older woman. The catch? The woman claims to have been kidnapped; and the kidnappers have targeted her husband and child next. He then set about trying to locate and rescue her. It was worth watching so I remained until it finished.

Sidenote: Needless to say, we didn't win the MegaMillions last night (nobody did); but we are still holding out hope for the PowerBall tonight. It is probably a waste of money as the odds are almost 300 million to 1. The one thing I do know for sure is that without a ticket the odds of winning are infinite.

Charlotte found the missing knitting pattern she was looking for; however she decided to continue working on the RV Quilt she started a few days ago. I returned to the MPR to continue to download the Audio Books. No other folks here this afternoon.

I finished downloading the "The's" Titles and began working on the remainder of the "T's". The end is in sight. I continued on until all was complete. It was now almost 6 p.m. when I packed up and returned to the RV.

Since we have no plans other than TV this evening I published today's blog before departing the MPR so I wouldn't have to return this evening.


No comments: