Friday, December 29, 2017

Fri - Dec 29/17

Well, it appears I can still use the computer. I was able to get on and add to the blog yesterday and it is still connecting today. Maybe the problems are over.

Cool (about 10 F below normal) for down here. It is also dull w/95-100% humidity even though there is only a 10% chance of rain. This made it a good day to do nothing. The dull weather sure puts a damper on the "Road Trip" spirit.

We watched TV in bed until 10 a.m. before getting up to have breakfast. This is unusual for us, for sure. I left to use the Wi-Fi shortly after 10 a.m. Cars at the Craft Room so I went to the Lodge where I stayed until 1 a.m. adding files that had been removed by the Windows 10 redo.

I returned to the RV a 1 p.m. only to find Charlotte engrossed in a TV Movie. It was on since 11:30 and had another hour to go. So I returned to use the Wi-Fi. This time it was the opposite situation for cars so I went to the Craft Room.


There I worked on the database program (my own design) that fits in a template I call "FileDrawer" ...can you guess why? (grin). I am always "tweaking" it as I use it.

I returned to the RV when the Movie was done (at 2:30 p.m.) to take Charlotte to JoAnn Fabrics so she could purchase quilt batting for her current project. Can you believe she hasn't been there yet!


It is a 15 -20 minute drive to JoAnn Fabrics. We take the "Scenic Route" CR-452 which is also know as Lakeshore Drive (in Eustis, FL) or Lake Eustis Drive when in Tavares, FL. A section used to as fast as 35 mph; however it is now all 30 mph. This is a lot more relaxing than the "6  lanes of crazy" on US-441.


The parking area in the strip mall where JoAnn Fabrics is located was packed. We have never seen it this busy - wonder why? Being quite a bit cooler today, we needs our sweaters. Charlotte was able to find what she needed which was the quilt batting. Bonus: she also found yarn and material, as well.


Now the timing was right to go to Steak 'n Shake for lunch. Daily, between 2 and 5 (a.m. or p.m. doesn't matter) the milkshakes are half price. They have been voted the #1 Milkshake by Zagat! Real ice cream and milk and a multitude of flavours are the reason why!


They truly live up to their name. Since 1934, Steak 'n Shake has been making a 'better burger', by hand-crafting cuts of steak to create "Steakburgers".  We thought our burgers were big. The table next to ours where 3 x the size. A little girl, probably about 8 years old, ate a plain burger that had 6 patties. Her brother had the same stack; but loaded with the works. We couldn't believe she ate the whole thing.


We then retraced our route with a stop at Publix. We needed a few grocery items and lottery tickets. For the first time the 2 major prizes (PowerBall and MegaMillions) are both over 300 million each for the next draw. (Hey! We can dream, can't we?) Charlotte went for the tickets while I picked up the spray starch, her usual Woman's World weekly magazine and a Peach Cobbler Crumble pie for dessert.

It is not raining; but the 100% humidity and night time cooling means the windshield is collecting the mist in the air as I drive. We were back at the motorhome in 5 minutes. After unpacking I made a phone call to wish a Best Friend (Ron) Happy Birthday. He is exactly 6 months younger than I am. Unfortunately, he had just left home; however his wife graciously accepted on his behalf and will pass the message on. You know how the "younger crowd" is... always out and about! (grin).

Charlotte was already finishing a "Trailer Quilt" by "Blanket Stitching" around the edge of the material she just bought. I left to use the Wi-Fi at the Craft Room (MPR or Multi-Purpose Room). Two groups of 6 were playing cards this evening. I set up at the other end of the room. and worked on the blog.

At the same time as I was working on the blog I continued downloading my AudioBooks. I successfully completed the "R" and "S" titles in the collection. Only about a hundred more to go. (The "T's" are the numerous as many titles begin with "The...")

I'll called it quits before starting the "T's" so I can get back to the RV by 9 p.m.








No comments: