Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Wed - Jan 31/18

It was in the 30's F overnight; but today is sunny and the temp is rising to the high 60's F. It will continue to improve and be in the high 70's in a few days.

When we arrived we thought there would be a crowd in the MPR judging by the amount of cars outside. Apparently most of the autos were there just for parking. They boarded a bus from here for an excursion to Tarpon Springs, FL.


There was a new participant at the MPR this morning when I dropped Charlotte off. Susan (dark sweater) is from the Peterborough area in Ontario. We enjoyed a few days in the motorhome in Peterborough last summer. It is a lovely area to visit. Susan is here for the month of February. Charlotte (white) and Jean (blue) are also Canadians. Charlotte noted later that Susan did "Perfect Work".

I went to the Lodge for Wi-Fi this morning. Just a few folks came to check their e-Mail. I spent the first bit of time updating the Calendar with The Villages just released February events. The remainder of the time I worked on my presentation for Canada Day. More on that when it happens.


Nothing else was planned for today. We just watched TV this afternoon. Charlotte finished the binding on her sunflower quilt. I was charging the iPhone at the motorhome and forgot to bring it so I don't have a photo. This is a previous photo before the binding.

I went to the MPR to do the blog. It was packed tonight with card and game players. There were a dozen new folks compared to most evenings. I don't know if it was the "Busch Light" they were consuming; but the new gang were quite a bit noisier when compared to the regulars (who also appeared a little perturbed at their loud behaviour.)

That's about it for today.











No comments: