Monday, January 08, 2018

Mon - Jan 8/18

The temps are beginning to go higher with the wind shifting to coming from the South. Today we got up to 70 F; however it was mostly cloudy all day.

This was a lazy day. We didn't go out until almost noon hour. Then we headed to Wally's Garage in Tavares' FL. I discovered Wally a few years ago when we first arrived at OMS. Since then he has been my "Go To" mechanic when down here. Wally is a certified "General Motors Master Mechanic".


Today when I stopped in he was checking out a Chevy Malibu SS 427. I had to take a picture. This Malibu was the same year and colour as the car Charlotte & I had when we were married - except our Malibu was a convertible.


This Malibu had the "427" cu. in. motor while our convertible only had the "327". The owner just purchased this car and was receiving some amazing (motor) advice from Wally. Just listening I picked up a few new "GM Facts". Wally is "The Man" when it comes to Corvette (and GM) motors. I am always amazed at his "in depth" knowledge and never hesitate to drop in for advice or service.

I made an appointment for the Del Sol for tomorrow afternoon.

On the return trip we stopped at Publix for a few items. Charlotte went in while I found a parking spot and waited.


Our next stop (almost) was to make an appointment for Charlotte to use the long arm quilting machine; however, the sign on the door said; "Closed - Mon/Tue". We will probably be back on Wednesday.

Charlotte made Roast Beef sandwiches which are always good served on ultra-fresh bread (from Publix).

Then it was just a relaxing day watching TV, receiving phone calls (from Canada) and generally relaxing between regular RV tasks (cleaning, etc.).


The knitted quilt Charlotte is working on is beginning to take shape. I like the colours.

Since there were no other plans for activities other than TV I went early to the MPR to do today's blog. No one else there at this time.

Tomorrow the weather should continue the warming (if somewhat cloudy) trend. The forecast is that it will remain above 50 F through the night. Hopefully this will be the last "Cold Snap" for our stay in Florida.

No comments: