Thursday, January 04, 2018

Thu - Jan 4/18

The clear skies that started yesterday afternoon and remained overnight just added to the cold. The wind is still strong and steady from the North. All of Central Florida is below freezing until at least 9 a.m. Even with clear skies the sun will only get the temps up to just above 50 F by this afternoon.


There was a layer of frost on the car this morning.


After I drove Charlotte to the MPR for crafts I went to the Lodge to use the Wi-Fi. I didn't see the "Yoga - Do No Enter" sign so I went with the computer. Unfortunately, the sign fell down and was on the ground. I placed the sign inside and returned to the MPR to use the Wi-Fi. It wasn't as packed as usual (only a half dozen ladies) so I was able to use the table in the far corner without intruding.

I'm holding my breathe while Windows Update downloads a cumulative update for version 1709. This was the one that started all the grief. I'll keep my "Fingers Crossed" as it installs.

Just a note for future reference: Every once in a while the blog will be published in 2 parts. This will be because we are going to an Event and won't be back until after the Wi-Fi building access is closed for the night.(at 10 p.m.).

I sometimes start the writing the blog while I am have morning Wi-Fi access and complete it at night.

Ooops! I will now shut down so the Windows Update can restart. Here goes nothing?

Well - I'm back and in less than 15 minutes. This is better than the 3 hour continuous cycle that started all the grief. I will shut down now and finish the blog this evening.

I searched online for a Digital TV Converter. Although the cable I replaced yesterday was required the Front TV only worked for a short time before acting up. Even though the converter is show the menu I don't think it is processing the incoming TV signals any more (when it feels like doing it).


The only place I could find a Digital TV Converter Box in stock was at Target in Lady Lake, FL. (at The Villages on US-441). I ordered it online for store pickup. It's about a half hour drive away and at least today is bright and sunny.


Charlotte finished ironing about noon.


She laid out the pattern to see how it all went together. It is starting to "Come Together". It will make a nice bright quilt.

All packed exactly at noon. We were the last to leave. We check our mailbox (for the January Calendar of Events), returned the Sewing and Computer stuff to the RV and headed off to Target in Lady Lake, FL. It was visually a beautiful day with total sunshine. In the car it was hard to realize how cold it was outside.


Arrived at Target and I picked up the Digital TV Converter.

Now it was time for lunch. The Longhorn Steakhouse was just down the road so off we went.


We each ordered the Flo's Filet and Citrus Grilled Lobster.


We shared the order with Charlotte getting both lobster tails and I had both filets. We shared the bread and sides while Charlotte ordered a Baked Sweet Potato and I a Loaded Baked Potato. Unfortunately, we were stuffed and had no room for dessert.

We enjoyed the beautifully sunny half hour ride back with a stop at Publix for tickets for tomorrow and Saturday. Might as well try for a slice of the Billion $ prize draw (Total combined prize amount for the MegaBall and MegaMillions). As the Chinese say: "No Tickee....No Laundry! (grin).


Note: The biggest seller were "Wood Bundles". They looked like bags for oranges, except they were filled with firewood. A lot of residences don't have furnaces to heat with so folks were coming, one after the other, and leaving with a few bags each.

The Front TV is now back in operation with the new digital decoder ...at least as long as there are no airplane landings. The Umatilla Airport is right next to the park and the flights go right overhead. When they do the TV signal gets scrambled for a short period of time.

We watched Jeopardy and Family Feud. Then I zipped over to the MPR to do the blog. I arrived just as the folks playing card games (two tables) were wrapping up for the night. Two other individuals arrived after the "Card Slingers" left to use the Wi-Fi.

In less than a half our I was done and back at the RV. The perfectly clear, star-filled sky means we are in for another freeze tonight. I will leave the water dripping in the sink to keep the pipes from freezing.







No comments: