Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Tuesday - Dec 1/15

Major Windows 10 Wi-Fi problems on my computer. I cannot get on the internet. I have entered this through another means. The blog will return as soon as I can get the problem fixed on my computer.

Sometime North of 1 a.m. after trying all the internet suggestions that I could find (using my iPhone) I managed to get it working again. Trying to do the blog on the iPhone would require a ridiculous amount of time. I can't type fast on the screen keypad. Time for bed. I will do today's blog on Wednesday if it is still working on my main computer.

Good Morning (Wednesday). The internet is still working - sort of. Sometimes it is fast and other times really slow. I tried a half a dozen more tweaks to see if that would help. Apparently this is not an uncommon problem.judging by the number of help requests on the internet.

Now for Tuesday's Blog:


Charlotte spent part of the morning working on sewing projects.


Today's work will grace our dinette as Christmas place mats.

Charlotte acquired another craft list so once again we were off to buy craft supplies.

On the way out of the park I stopped to check my remote control for the entry gate. I was wondering if the code had changed. I was clicking the remote as I stood nearby and the gate was not going up.


I had to have Wally (Park manager, along with his wife Linda) help. I didn't think it was working; however I forgot that I had to "Trip" the sensor light first. This smart little feature kept folks from opening the gate from a distance and speeding through the entrance. A nice safety feature.


Next up was getting the required tickets for the park's upcoming Christmas and New Year's Eve events. The staff at the park are always so friendly and helpful. Soon we were on our way for more craft supplies.

Stops include Walmart and Target in Mt. Dora, Still one item still eluded us.


We decided to go first into Mt. Dora to the Chamber of Commerce to purchase tickets for upcoming events. Pat, a volunteer, was so helpful. Soon we had tickets for John Ford Coley, the Christmas Sock Hop with Johnny Dee and the Starlights and Assisted Living the Musical.


We then headed for the JoAnn store in Tavares. There Charlotte found the needed Terra Cotta pots she needed for making her Christmas Santa Family.


All this hard work eventually takes it's toll (grin). Nourishment was needed. I knew just were to go. I surprised Charlotte as I turned into the KIKU Japanese Cuisine parking lot in Eustis.


A meal at a Japanese Steakhouse is always entertaining as well as tasty. The food is cooked, with a flourish, by a Teppan Chef on a grill around which the diners sit.


Charlotte was having the Lobster while I ordered the Filet. Charlotte tasted a piece of my steak and exclaimed: "Oh! That's so good!". She also found her lobster to be excellent and the largest amount she had ever been served at a restaurant.

They had 2 sauces that were "To Die For"! The "White Sauce" was so good when we tasted it we indulged in a few extra spoonfuls. We used it liberally on our rice. The darker sauce was a Ginger Sauce (House Dressing) that was served on our salad. These sauces are so popular they actually prepare, bottle and sell them. We left with 3 "White" and 2 "Ginger".


The food on these plates is not our meal - it is what was left that we took home. They just served so much. All meals include Kiku Onion Soup, Salad w/House Dressing, Fresh Vegetables, Noodles and Fried Rice.

Arrived back in the park too late for Jeopardy. Charlotte watched various TV programs while I wrestled with the computer internet problem to end the evening.

No comments: