Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Wed - Feb 28/18

We both slept in!

The alarm didn't go off this morning. I set it for "Wed" and when I clicked "Yes" I must have held the button a second too long and it also changed "Wed" to "Thu". Oh, Well! It's all set for tomorrow.

All the fresh air yesterday must have put our "body clock" on delay. We didn't even notice the 7:45 a.m. iPhone buzz that occurs every morning to show the list of events for the day.

Charlotte decided she would work on making 2 more Bibs at the MPR tomorrow and would just knit in the motorhome today.
That's was fine by me since I had to fix the shower slide bar before we could take a shower anyway. The bottom connector (plastic) cracked. I had to "MacGyver" a solution. The slide bar is metal and it was fine. I removed the unit and replaced the top and bottom screws with "self-tappers". These were larger than the original screws which would hold tight when re-installed. "Self-tappers" are screws that drilled their own hole. I stacked washers on the screws to add strength to the plastic connectors. They pulled in tight! The shower now looks as if nothing had happened. We could now take our shower.


Bonus: Charlotte got to watch "The View" at 11 a.m. which she would have missed if she went to the MPR to work.
We checked the Post Office on our return yesterday and picked up the "You Have Mail" card I had been waiting for. It was too late to pick it up then as the office closes at 5 p.m. After lunch I went to the office and picked it up.

I met an RVer that often went to use the Wi-Fi, like I did, in the MPR. He will be departing for home tomorrow. The Carolinas get spring sooner than we do. He said "6 weeks Max". He needed to get back to get his race car prepared for the coming season. We exchange "safe trip" wishes and hope to see each other next year.

A few weeks ago I contacted Knape and Vogt to see if I could buy a "Top Slide" for the Pantry Unit I had installed in the motorhome. I explained that it "lost its ball bearings"(Previous Blogs: Tue - Jan 2/18 and Friday - 4 Dec/15 to Monday - 7 Dec/15 ). Knape and Vogt graciously sent a replacement free of charge. I use their products because of the quality. I will continue to do so because they stand behind their product with good service.

My "Temp Fix" for the pantry is holding up so I will wait until we are back home to replace the top slide.
I made lunch today using the frozen "Tyson Southern Style Breast Tenderloins". These fully-cooked breast tenderloins are battered (no live chickens were harmed in the making of this meal - grin) and breaded with a peppery seasoning using no artificial ingredients. It only takes a few minutes in the microwave and they are ready to eat. We added the dressing, mashed potatoes and corn that was "take home" from Charlotte's recent meal at Perkins Restaurant on Monday.


Of course, dessert was the Key Lime Pie we bought yesterday at Publix. It is always good; but we have never found anything to compare to the KLP we enjoyed while staying at the Blue Parrot Inn B and B in Key West, FL (Now Closed and For Sale for a just under $3 million.) Maybe it's just the memories and "being there".

It was a relaxing afternoon. Charlotte continued to knit her multi-colour quilt and I worked on the computer (planning the trip home) all while watching/listening to TV.

Finally it has been declared the "Warmest February Ever" in Central Florida. It will be nearly 4 degrees F above the previous record at  average temp of almost 74 F per day.

The usual Jeopardy Evening to wrap up a relaxing day.

No comments: