Friday, February 09, 2018

Fri - Feb 9/18

A typical Florida day for weather with clouds, occasional sunshine and a 20% chance of rain. Just a few extra degrees make it uncomfortable due to the high humidity.


We were up and out for Charlotte's 10 a.m. appointment at Sew What? to use the Long Arm Quilting Machine.


The first step is to pin the backing onto the machines roller fabric. This allows it to be stretched, aligned and smoothed  out.


Next the batting is placed over the backing and lined up.


Then the quilt portion is place on top of these two parts and aligned.


Now it is time to join all three parts together with stitching.


The free-hand patterning looks really neat.


Charlotte has to concentrate completely on the task at hand. Over an hour later all the quilting was completed.


On our return to OMS I had to check the mail. Charlotte used this opportunity to take the quilt into the MPR to show Jean. Remember "Show 'n Tell" time? (grin).


This is a great group of ladies. They all appreciate and enjoy each others work. Martha showed her project from the other day with the border now added. The border really makes it "Pop".


Martha also finished the purse project that "The Gang" (yesterday) teased her about. They said she would make it from scratch and have it done by this morning. They were just joking; but Martha actually did it.

The mail I was expecting was in our mailbox. We returned to the motorhome for lunch and some afternoon TV.

Stu and Gladys stopped in and we chatted for a bit.They always have something of interest to discuss. Charlotte had a few patterns for Gladys. Stu and I talked about RV stuff. When they departed I went in the RV to check the computer for one of Charlotte's patterns that she had mentioned to Gladys but couldn't find. It took a while for me to locate and do a printout.

I dropped the pattern for Gladys off at their RV on my way to the park office. I went to pay the monthly electric bill. I also had to mail a response to the letter I had just received.


I then went to the Altoona, FL Post Office just a few miles down the road. I was back at the RV in less than 10 minutes. We decided to "take it easy" this afternoon.


After Jeopardy (at 7:30 p.m.) we decided to go to get our lottery tickets. Charlotte decided to go to the Hair Cuttery between Domino's and Publix while I went in for the tickets. Their lottery machine was down but I did manage to get Charlotte's "Woman's World" for the week so all was not in vain. When Charlotte returned (well coiffed) I crossed the road to Winn-Dixie and got the tickets there.


Stu mentioned Gator's Grill in Umatilla, FL had an AYCE (All You Can Eat) fish (Haddock) deal ($9.99) on Friday. I mentioned this to Charlotte and she agreed. This used to be a "Beef 'O' Brady's. Unfortunately, Umatilla doesn't have the traffic volume to support a chain restaurant and the owners changed it to an independent brand. The service and food were excellent.


Charlotte had her fish fried (in butter) and mine was lightly battered and fried (deep). Charlotte had applesauce as a side and I chose fries. Despite being offered more (twice) we were absolutely full with the first serving.

Charlotte enjoyed it so much I had to promise to take her here again. That won't be too hard. It is only 2 minutes from OMS.

As noted (see the previous sentence - grin) we arrived at the motorhome a few minutes after leaving Gator's Grill. That's it (except for TV) for tonight.





No comments: