Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Wed - 25 Jan/17

Another great day in store. A re-run of yesterday with less wind. The humidity will be increasing making a chance of rain for tomorrow.

I parked at the Craft Room just before 9 a.m. Charlotte went in with her sewing machine. I took the computer to The Lodge.


The usual folks were at Tennis Court playing Pickle Ball.


Same for the Horseshoe Pitch. Nobody at the Shuffleboard Court (as usual).

It took until 10 a.m. before the iPhone update was complete. Then I was able to start on internet other things. I was also now able to listen again to "Trunk Music" on my hearing aids. I didn't want to do anything else on the computer while downloading the iPhone update.

I spent the rest of the time updating my Audible Program Book List. I just added new fields that named the book series, book number in the series, number of books in the series and how many I needed to complete the series. I need the internet to access the Audible website. I probably will be working on this tomorrow as I only got a few completed before it was time to pack up and meet Charlotte at the car.


Lunch was the final round for the Spaghetti. I spent time after dinner placing a few items in the "Going Home" compartment on the outside. This will give us more room inside.


Our event for today was the 5:30 p.m. show featuring Jay and the Americans at the Savannah Center in The Villages. Perfect weather for driving in (top off, of course). We got there early enough to get a parking spot right up front. Charlotte went in while I turned the car around. To leave we won't even have to back up - just pull ahead.
 
 
 
Jay and the Americans still had two members from original Brooklyn-based harmony vocal group that started it all along with Jay #3. The presentation featured all three with each singing lead for various hits.  The "USA" Band that backed them up were also excellent.
 
 
The show featured a running history of the group. This was really fantastic as they played on the bill with many greats (like Roy Orbison). During the "British Invasion" they played with The Beatles on their first tour of America and The Rolling Stones at Carnegie Hall as well as other top British groups.
 
They also sang a medley of songs written by Lieber and Stoller (who wrote hits for the Drifters, the Coasters and others) that included Kansas City, Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock, Ruby Baby and Poison Ivy.
 
They played all their hits from the '60's. Our favourites were: "Cara Mia"; "Come a Little Bit Closer"; "Walkin' in the Rain" and "Since I Don't Have You". Their history of Jay and The Americans acknowledged all three "Jays" and featured all of the top hits in their original arrangements. Many songs were written by members of the band both for themselves and other rock legends. It was a great show!

Supper was at Burger King that we usually go to in the Publix plaza area at the intersection of  SR-19 and CR-44. We like their Whopper Jr. Meal Deal for $3.99 = Whopper Jr., Fries, Drink.  and Chicken Tenders.

Back at the RV by 8:30 p.m. We watched "Hunted" and the local news to end the day.


No comments: