Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Tue - 17 Jan/17

Another day above 80 F. There have been several in a row; however before you start claiming the Earth is Warming the record is 17 for a January back in the 1930’s.
We are both on our last pair of underwear. It can no longer be avoided. Laundry will have to be done. We loaded the car with 4 full laundry baskets. If I'm going to do laundry I may as well do full loads - it doesn't take any longer.

I drove Charlotte to crafts for 9 a.m. They are making a wreath today so the sewing machine was not needed.


Then I headed to the laundry room and unloaded the 4 full baskets from the trunk. Folks come early as the outside clothes lines were full. I arrived at a good time as three washers together were available.

Inside I loaded 3 washing machine that were together. They do a load in about 30 minutes.

I placed my "Ladybugs" on the lids. They help me remember which machines I am using. Their use is not that critical here at OMS. I made these when we were in AZ where there were 48 machines in the laundry room and often the ones we were using were scattered all over the place.


I returned in half an hour to transfer the clothes to dryers. The dryers run for 45 minutes.


Between loads I went to the Rec Hall Activity Room as they do not allow chairs in the laundry room. Staying in the laundry room while your load is being done is frowned upon by OMS. I brought the computer and did some Internet tasks using the park Wi-Fi Rec Hall connection while I waited.


I returned in about 30 minutes to take out the clothes that were dry allowing the remaining clothes to dry faster. Now the laundry was packed. Several of the ladies liked my "Ladybugs" and said they would buy some if I made them for sale. I mentioned it was easy - go to Hobby Lobby, buy the item you like and glue a magnet to the back.


Charlotte had just returned to the motorhome from crafts as I arrived.  The "Wreath" she completed was really nice. I like the colour.

We unloaded the laundry and put everything away.


Charlotte made our "Old El Paso" dinner using the ingredients we bought the other day. It was really tasty. The Sour Cream we purchased was "Daisy" brand. It is in a squeezable plastic tube that makes it is easy to use and keep in the refrigerator.

Charlotte did the dishes after lunch and then we just "took it easy" for the afternoon. Charlotte watched "Dr. Phil" and other programs.


I listened to my Audible audio book, "The Bourne Sanction", that I played on my computer. I listened to it using "Bluetooth" that played into my new Hearing Aids so as not to disturb Charlotte.
One of my old units failed just before we came south. They were 10 years old. It was time for a new set. The new units are really neat.


They are Siemens units with an EasyTek Smart Hearing Aid System which is an ultra-discreet, simple way to intuitively and completely control my units with a variety of programming choices that allows me to adjust volume levels, noise cancellation or listening to HD music. I wear it around my neck under my shirt.


The hearing aid earbuds are small, clear and almost invisible as they hang over each ear from the hearing aid. The Receiver-in-Canal hearing earbud goes directly into the ear. A lot of the smarts are actually in the disc that hangs around my neck. There’s a built-in microphone, a multifunction button, a port for audio devices (I can connect it to TV audio), a volume up/down button, a micro-USB slot, and a reset button. If I want to turn off the hearing aid, I can override the manual controls on the earbuds and just hold down the on-off button on the disc. A green indicator light fades to tell you the device is powering down.


It even has a "Spatial Feature" that allows me to control the directionality of my hearing with multiple combination choices. I can also listen to my iPhone through Bluetooth making it easier to hear phone calls directly. It will also connect to my new Kenwood radio in the Del Sol to listen to music or phone calls. Charlotte appreciates that the radio or TV are not as loud as I previously needed with my old aids. I can even listen to my computer outside without disturbing any neighbours.

We continued TV with the Local News. The massive manhunt for the "Cop Killer" continues and the reward has been raised, for the third time, to $125,000. TV is also showing an altered picture with a shaved head and beard. The police think he may have changed his appearance.

There is a "Catch" to the reward offer. To get the reward the "Crimeline" must be called first. This allows complete anonymity.  If 911 is called first with a tip, the caller may not remain anonymous and the reward does not apply.

After the news it will once again be our usual TV evening.
 

No comments: