Monday, January 30, 2017

Mon - 30 Jan/17

Still cold - only hitting 60 F - but; it was perfectly sunny all day.

Not a lot on the agenda today.


I went to the Lodge to check the emails, etc.  A few folks filtered in and out to check their emails then left. Others came in to get ice. I had a chat for a few minutes with another Honda fan (he noticed I was wearing a Honda Hat). He appreciated our Del Sol that he saw while walking. He has driven nothing but Hondas (Cars, Motorcycles and Lawnmowers) for years.


I noticed Google's (Search) screen today has a tribute to Fred Korematsu on his 98th birthday. Mind Sludge: he is the inventor of Pac Man. (Now you know).

I also spent time trying to locate junkyards that had Honda Del Sol's. I may pick up a few parts as spares for future use. I am also looking for a rear roof seal. Mine is OK; but looks worn.

I returned to the RV after doing all the required updates. This included the update that wouldn't update the other day. It was after 3:30 p.m. when I got back to the motorhome.

Charlotte and I spent time discussing the "60's Spectacular" show coming to Daytona Beach's Peabody Auditorium. We decided to pass. We have recently seen the Association and Gary Lewis and the Playboys although the other groups on the list (The Vogues, The Happenings and Lou Christie) would be new to us. Considering that it was a 7:30 p.m. show and a fair distance to drive at night on unfamiliar secondary roads we decided to pass.

A note: In Florida the law requires a group can only use the original name if at least one member is from the original group.


Charlotte did her sewing in the RV today. She added a Canadian Maple Leaf motif border to the 150th Emblem and she just finished. Really Neat!

We finished watching Dr. Phil. Maybe it was the show that made me realized there was something wrong?


I was now aware that Charlotte was suffering from CWS: "Chronic Withdrawal Syndrome". She hadn't been to Jo-Ann Fabrics for a few days. I did my duty and drove her just so she could browse (grin). Needless to say she found some fabric and now feels much better!

By then it was almost 5 p.m. I realized there was another need! FOOD!


Help was less than 2 miles down US-441 at Kiku! (Japanese Steak House).


We shared a table with a couple and their 2 young boys and another young couple. There were smiles all around as the Teppan Chef entertained us with his culinary skills. (At least the rice was smiling).\


We were even treated to a rare "Onion Volcano"!


...and there were plenty of Veggies! Can't say we don't eat healthy! No McD's for us.


Charlotte had Scallops!


...and I had a Filet (Medium Rare) all cut up in bit-sized pieces!

Note: The "White Sauce" is "to die for!". Last year we bought a half a dozen bottles to take home. We will try to remember to get some more before we leave this year.


By the time we finished the sun was going down.

We were back at the motorhome in time for Jeopardy!

It was just a regular TV evening to end a relatively restful day!

No comments: