Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wed - Feb 15/12

A crazy busy upside-down day today!

Charlotte practised various quilting stitches using her new sewing machine. She relaxed outside for a bit and later went for a walk while listening to music on her CD Player.

I spent almost all day on the computer trying to solve a number of problems. The routine part was making regular payments using net banking.

I had to contact our Health Insurance provider by phone. Their 800 number is only accessible in Canada - no other number given so I could dial it directly using the cell phone. Luckily, I bought a Ci-Ci card that provides long distance calling in North America. I called the 800 number after logging into the long distance card service and was able to get through. They denied paying for prescriptions we had picked up before our departure. The problem was that my submissions matched identical claims for the same day at the same pharmacy. I explained that since they only allowed a 3 month supply of medication at a time I had to purchase and pay for an additional month long supply of everything and had paid for it in cash. That was why the receipts appeared to be identical. The agent agreed to forward it for reconsideration noting this fact.

Our main concern lately was the fear that we would be required to return home by our out-of-country health insurer because of Charlotte's recent medical issues. Now that her "final" medical report indicated that she is stable we feel  that that issue has passed. It has been over two weeks and no contact from the insurer - knock on wood!

Now a twist on the same concern. Would I have to return home? This mornings email included a Summons for me (Bill) for Jury Duty. The problem was that the date set for jury selection is a month before we would even begin thinking about heading for home. I had to formulate a request for exemption.

Most of the day was spent scanning receipts for paid reservations and documents showing Charlotte's hospitalization. I also sent an email to our doctor requesting support in the form of a letter stating that we were currently "South" for health reasons. (He actually did insist we be south in the winter for our health.)

The only bright spot today was in regards to next year. Today was the last date for renters to reserve their sites for next year. I went to the office at closing to make a deposit ($250) on our reservation for next year.


My request was for site #217. I tried to get this site on our arrival when I heard it was becoming available. Unfortunately, at that time, it had already been reserved for it's current occupant - a "Class C" Big Rig.

I liked the site for several reasons:

- it faces North (preferred sun direction) with a glimpse of the Superstitions (Mountains).
- it is on a quiet street (even though it is a through street).
- it is next to the walking path (within a nice walk distance of the Activity Center and the Pool).
- the path also means more privacy with no neighbours on the path side. It also means green (grass).
- it has large shade trees nearby.
- it is next to the Bath House which houses the Wi-Fi Tower.
- it is close enough to the entrance for easy in and out yet far enough from the main road to be quiet.
- the street directly accesses the "New" area (Superstition Views) with it's additional activity features.

Current renters have first dibs on reserving their site. By closing time the site (#217|) that I had tried to get when we arrived had not been reserved for next year. I reserved it immediately!

I can be "bumped"! In my case, unless someone chooses to put a "park model" on that site or wants to rent the site by the year I will (read should) get my request. Of course, the reservation indicates that there are no site guarantees. It only guarantees that their will be a site available for the requested dates. The odds for getting our request; however, are now on our side.

No comments: