Friday, February 03, 2012

Thu - Feb 2/12

Thursday is quilting day for Charlotte. She is there by 8:30.

I put the garbage container to the road for the weekly collection.

Problem 1. I had to call Charlotte's Medical Insurance provider back home regarding her recent hospitalization. They had sent forms to fill out.  They included a Power of Attorney form for Quebec? We live in Ontario!


Problem 2. Their toll free 800 number only works in Canada.

Problem 3: I had to find the CiCi (long distance card) we took with us. I hoped to use it to relay the call as if we were calling in Canada. I only found the new (not started) card. I could not find the already active card I had used in the hospital during Charlotte's stay.

Problems Solved: I had recorded the CiCi activation code on the computer. It worked. I contacted the insurance and they guided me to a website page where I could print out the Power of Attorney Form. I had tried to find in on their website. Logically it should be on the members Claims and Forms site with the Out-of-Country forms. It was actually on a different website - go figure?

I printed out the forms then prepared dinner. I made Bill's Baked Potato Hash. It is really a quick way to make normal hash. I baked the potatoes using the Convection Microwaves Sensor Cook setting. I just had to put the potatoes (no covering) in the microwave and touch the button. While they cooked I fried the hamburg (almost crispy) using the electric fry pan. When done I took out the baked potatoes and scooped them out. Microwaved the corn. Fried the mushrooms and diced the onion. Then I mixed it all together. Put butter in the potato skins. Viola! a quick and easy to make hash in an RV.

Charlotte returned at noon. This was the first run for the little rolling suitcase we bought at the Swap Meet to hold her new sewing machine. It worked fine.

After dinner Charlotte return to the quilting room. I continued filling out the Med Forms for her signature. She returned a few hours later with 2 quilt squares complete. The quilt requires 20. The quilting instructors demand perfection which slows the process.


Charlotte had used up her energy reserve. We skipped the dance and rested. Supper was a repeat of lunch. As usual, I made enough for 2 meals at noon. We both enjoyed Round 2 of Bill's Baked Potato Hash.

We enjoyed TV - Person of Interest and The Mentalist before bed.

No comments: