Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tue - 11 Feb/14

We decided to skip the Resident's Meeting today. The increased rates for next year have a lot of long time resident's who leave their RV's on site all year quite upset. It does not impact us so we decided to avoid the meeting and get a headstart on our shopping trip.


Our first stop was Harbor Freight in Apopka, FL. We shopped there last year. It was just a short distance from the Apopka KOA were we stayed before going to Disney's Fort Wilderness RV Resort. I picked up a Cen-Tech Can & OBDII Deluxe Scan Tool. The motorhome flashed an engine trouble code just before we arrived at the RV Park. I am guessing it is an engine oxygen sensor by the way the RV was performing. The Scanner was on sale ($50.00 off). It will pay for itself as most garages charge $100.00 or more to do an electronic analysis. If it is an oxygen sensor I can install it myself saving and save a few hundred $. I'm hoping!

Our next destination was Bed, Bath and Beyond. Following the GPS we arrived at the "destination"; however, there was no B, B & B in sight. GPS mapping errors are not uncommon. This was one.

We continued on to our next destination - Camping World in Kissimmee, FL. We kept an eye open as we drove trying to spot the B, B & B store. A few miles down the road I was lucky to spot it at the back of a shopping mall.


I went in and purchased the Conair Wall Mount Hair Dryer as a replacement for the one in the RV that died last night. I also checked on the address - we had the correct info entered. This confirms a GPS goof-up.


I left the mounting bracket on the wall when I remove the failed unit. In seconds the new dryer was snapped into place and working.

Our only failure for the day was at Camping World. We wanted a Magma Teflon Nesting Cook Set for use on our Induction Cooktop. Their website indicated it was in stock at that location; but, it wasn't. They only had the non-Teflon model.

That was the only glitch for today.



 On the way I had the pleasure of meeting Trooper 1st. Class J.P. Mora of the Florida Highway Patrol. I noticed he was monitoring traffic on the toll road. I pulled over to get needed highway information. He was most courteous and helpful and I was soon happily informed and on my way.

This brings to mind my Pet Peeve #27: People that complain about Officers of the Law.

An easy analysis will show that more often than not their complaint is because they got caught breaking the law. My advice to them: Next time you need help - call a drug addict!

We decided, for nostalgic reasons, to take W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy. (US-192) to connect to US-27 to head us back to the RV Park. We are familiar with this road from when Disney World first opened - and for the next 20 years. We brought the kids to visit Mickey every March Break.


On the way we got side tracked. We were thirsty and hungry and could not get by Texas Roadhouse. It did not open until 3:30 p.m. Charlotte decided we should wait in the Del Sol (top off) and just enjoy the nice weather until they opened - which we did. The 20 minutes we had to wait passed by quickly.

We each enjoyed our usual - 8 oz. Dallas Filet - Charlotte's done Medium - mine, Medium Rare...mmmmm!

While there, as if a counterpoint to our meeting Trooper Mora, we were saddened to hear on the news that a local Orange County Deputy Johnathan Scott Pine had just been killed in the line of duty. He was chasing a suspected car thief on foot when he was shot. Scott leaves behind a wife and 3 children.

Tuesday is my TV evening. I enjoy NCIS, NCIS L.A. and Person of Interest. Charlotte watched a bit then caught some of the Olympics on the Bedroom TV.

Bed early - Charlotte has quilting tomorrow at 9 a.m. until noon and Crafts from 1 until 3 p.m.



No comments: