Sunday, January 08, 2012

Sun - Jan 8/12

Slept in until 9 a.m. All that walking yesterday caught up with us.

Breakfast was Cranberry Whole Wheat Toast. We will try to make the loaf last until next weeks Swap Meet.

I took the recycling (plastic and paper) up to the dumpsters and the soft drink cans over to the Wood Shop bin. The Wood Shop uses the proceeds from the cans to buy additional equipment.

As I was approaching our mailbox at the resort post office a couple (from Calgary) asked for assistance. Guest Services were closed and they asked if I wouldn't mind giving them information about the park. They asked for monthly rates and park amenities which I explained to them. They thought the additional park charges for sewer and trash pickup was a "nickle & dime" tactic making the rates higher than where they were currently staying.  They asked for a nearby place to eat, thanked me for my help and mentioned that they would continue to stay at their current park as they returned to their car.

My next stop was to refill our water dispenser at the water dispenser near the Park Office parking area. It dispenses water purified by reverse osmosis for $0.25 a gallon. Two gallons later and $0.50 lighter I was on my way back to the RV.



Today was - re-arrange the storage compartment day - all day. When we left we had just packed it all in anywhere it would fit easily. Now it is reorganized for southern living.

Charlotte put the shoes away in the shoe holder pockets attached around the base of the bed. Then she placed the extra blankets we used coming south into Space Bag storage bags. She then used the vacuum to compact their size making more room for them in the storage area under the bed.

We still have to put away the winter coats and boots we were wearing when we left the cold north. I also have one more bin to sort and store. Probably tomorrow.

The Carrot Cake we bought at the Swap Meet was an evening treat.

As usual - TV then bed.



No comments: