Monday, January 30, 2012

Fri - Jan 27/12

I spent an hour yesterday trying to get through to Tri-City Cardiology. I had to make a follow-up appointment and get the 4th. prescription for Charlotte. I first had to talk to appointments (10 minute wait) but, being a first time patient I was transferred to new appointments (another 10 minute wait). Then 10 minutes giving information before I was transferred to Billing (Only a 5 minute wait). They would call back giving the appointment info. They didn't.

Maybe they tried to call back? Our phone is on roam and calls to the area code (613) from here routes through Telus back home before ringing here. I discovered they had put me back an Voice Mail (I did not want this). It would probably ring on their phone several times before tracking me down and ringing on mine. We answer a few calls on the second ring but they had hung up. The voice mail would tell them we are unavailable. I called Telus to have voice mail removed (again).

Calls we make from here or calls from back home (613 area code) work. It is only someone calling us from down here (AZ) that were not working. I hope cancelling the Voice Mail will work.

We were actually on US-60 heading to Tri-City's office when they tried calling again. I pulled off the road at an exit and returned their call. I was only second in line and got through quickly. The follow-up appointment was made and we headed to Walgreens where we picked up the initial prescriptions to pick up the final required medication for Charlotte.

I dropped Charlotte off at Jo-Ann Fabrics (in the same plaza) while I picked up her prescription. She needed a larger cutting board for her quilt project squares.


We then went to Carraba's for supper. Charlotte had Talapia and I had Steak Marsala. Two excellent choices that we have had here previously.

The "Top Off" ride in the Del Sol along Baseline Road was relaxing in the late afternoon sunshine.


We rested in the RV until it was time for the Dance featuring The Brookharts. They are a husband and wife team. They both sing and play keyboards. They announced that they had just been signed for the upcoming New Year's Eve at Canyon Vistas.

The 3 ladies at our table were all "Char's". Charlotte (never called Char) and 2 Charlene's (who were called Char). Char #1 was a past park activity director and still our favourite. Wish she was still doing it. Her bubbly personality is infectious.

The usual popcorn (free) and soft drinks (BYOB). Charlotte had enough energy (still recuperating) for a few slow dances when they played our favourites (like Waltz Across Texas and Unchained Melody).

Dance ended at 10 pm as usual for any park evening activity. Watched Jay Leno (and Headlines) in bed then right to sleep. We still need the extra rest.

No comments: