Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wed - Apr 11/12

Getting everything set for heading home tomorrow morning....slowly. We should be home by the end of April.

I saw the UPS truck leave the park about 10:30 am and was concerned that the "Brake Buddy" that was "out for local delivery" did not arrive on that shipment. I thought it must be coming on a later truck as this sometimes occurs at the park.

I kept checking the UPS status when I noticed (about 2 pm) that it had been delivered: Location: Office. The shippers forgot to put my lot number on the delivery label so UPS just delivered it to the office. The office checked the name and tried to phone. Calls originating here for my cell often do not get through. The call initially goes to Canada then returns and tries to find me on roam in the USA. It often says "not available" and the caller then hangs up. It  does not ring on my phone even though it rang many times on their end. Luckily, I went to check at the office and it was there. I brought in the final electrical readings and returned our name tags, car pass and post office key.  All accounts are settled. Tomorrow we will be leaving the park.


I again spent time trying to solve why the tail lights do not work on the car when in tow. I pulled it up to the back of the Motorhome and connected the system. Charlotte was a great help throughout the day. She did a lot of re-arranging in the RV then came out to help with the towing lights. The set of magnetic mount trailering lights worked perfectly. I then knew it was in the connecting cable. Eventually I found a wire at one end of the cable that had broken. I thought I had it solved. No Luck.  I found another wire in the connector at the other end of the cable that had lost it's screw. Being loose it had pulled out of the contact point. soon all was resolved....just as darkness arrived.

We loaded the bicycles on the rack in the dusk (no picture). We then pulled in the one slideout (largest) that we don't use while travelling. A quick trip across the road for supper at Jack-in-the-Box. We also made our last stop at Basha's for groceries. I Wish we had grocery cards back home. I saved 50% on purchases yesterday and 25% again today. It sure adds up.

RVers take note! If you don't have a card the cashier often will pass a store card and give you a discount if you tell them you are RVing. This works at most major grocery chains in the USA that have "loyalty" cards.


Our first destination on the way home will be two days (900+ Miles) travel from here to the "Hill Country" of Texas. We intend to stay (at least the weekend) at "Sunset Point on Lake LBJ". We will use this as base for enjoying the "The 29th annual Bluebonnet Festival" in Burnet, TX which is scheduled for April 13, 14 and 15th. They are indicating the Bluebonnets (wildflowers) are plentiful and beautiful.

The blog may be a little sporadic as we travel. I will try to catch up when we stop at an RV park for a day or two providing the Wi-Fi is available and good.

Happy Trails!


No comments: