Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wed - 14 Jan/15

Another completely overcast day like yesterday except that it is cooler. Little chance of rain; however it will only be in the low 60's F and will fell colder with the steady wind.


Charlotte decided to work on her quilt in the RV rather than at the craft room since this is not a lesson day. Easier to stay in the RV. That way she doesn't have to pack and unpack the sewing machine. Besides, she can watch (listen) to TV as she works. She can also take a break when she wants.


Ooops! When we bought the Brother Quilting Sewing Machine I ordered all the accessories (on-line) that I could find for that model. I made a mistake - the quilting guide does not fit the walking foot. I either ordered the wrong number or the wrong item was shipped. My Bad. The search is now on.


A few phone calls and I finally found a dealer with the part in stock. It was at the Sewing Studio Fabric Superstore in Maitland, FL less than an hour away. Charlotte made a quick lunch (Hot Pastrami sandwich) and we were on our way.

Forty-five minutes and one toll road later we were at our destination. The $1.25 (in each direction) is worth avoiding the heavy traffic on the other roads that were available. It also cuts the drive time in half.



Don't let the small and plain entrance fool you like it did me. Once in the door we discovered it was a fantastic store. It just went on and on with room after room.


I spent a lot of time looking at the "high end" computerized sewing machines while Charlotte checked out the store's material selections. I'd say $5,000 - $15,000 would define high end. Unfortunately, I did not have enough spare change with me to buy Charlotte one.(grin) Meanwhile, Charlotte found some material for upcoming projects as well as a few neat quilt patterns.


At the cash they looked all over for the item I had them set aside when I called and confirmed they had one in stock. I recognized the box hiding in plain sight on the back counter and pointed it out. Soon we were on our way back to the RV.


Somehow took the wrong exit off the toll road. I ended up exiting right near the Apopka Harbor Freight Store where we had stopped a number of times over the past 3 years. Gee, I wonder how that happened?(grin). I found a few items I didn't know I needed and we were on our way again.

Despite being overcast, the clouds were light in colour which made it a bright, not dark, day. It was just bright and warm enough to enjoy a top off drive both ways.


Back at the RV Charlotte quickly put her Quilting Guide to use as she continued working on a quilt.


In the meantime, I started supper which was my version of Spanish Rice. I use half the water and twice the diced tomatoes and add hamburger (well done) to the mix. (another well done, grin). Charlotte enjoyed hers with a touch of Soya Sauce while I have mine straight.

We enjoyed supper as we watched Jeopardy and settled in for an evening of TV. Today, although a little bit busy, was also relaxing.

No comments: