Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Tue - 8 Apr/14

I shut down the computer yesterday evening to save the battery as it was half used and was not charging. My backup power supply that will work from regular electricity or 12 volt power is at home with the other laptop (of course). I needed to save the battery until the car returned from the Honda body shop.

I use a test instrument on the power supply and it indicated that power was coming from the cord. I then removed and re-installed the LI-ON battery pack from the computer. I don't know if the power "Flicks" during the thunderstorm glitched the software or the hardware or what cause the problem? Laptop computers are designed to automatically switch to battery when disconnected from wall power (or it goes off). Somehow it wanted to remain on battery and did not recognize that the power supply was back on.

This was enough to re-set the system and It began working properly again - Whew!


It was fully charged by this morning.

After the thunderstorms brought on by the "Cold Front" last night the rain is now light and steady. There may be 1 to 4 inches depending on the path of the heaviest rains. We will be way down to a high of 75F today. Another Florida Cold Spell. (grin).


I continued working on my Travel Database Program design and content. I am designing it to look and work like a file drawer (thus, the name - FileDrawer) . I have now over 7000 entries that include RV Parks, Restaurants, Attractions, Fuel Stops and more.


Charlotte is crocheting baby bonnets for donation back home. This one is nearing completion.

The rest is doing us good.


The heaviest rains missed us again. The afternoon was overcast; but, no rain. Still amazed at how fast it dries up here.

I checked the progress of the Del Sol's body work. Many of the body shops do not have heating systems due to the mild winters. This means that in high humidity it takes a little longer for the paint to dry. It may be ready late tomorrow afternoon.


Charlotte made "Spanish Rice" for supper - Yummy!

Tuesday is my favourite TV night.

That's it for Today!

No comments: