Saturday, April 09, 2016


Friday - 8 Apr/16

It was another lovely day without rain.


The first mission today was to stop at "Sew What? The Sewing Room" in Umatilla, FL to make an appointment to use the Long Arm Quilting Machine. There was a customer using the machine when we arrived; however we were able to make an appointment later in the afternoon.


Our second stop was Walmart in Mt Dora, FL. It was a multipurpose stop. I had been trying to get tickets for the Bryan Adams concert at the Verizon Amphitheatre at Encore Park in Alpharetta, GA for a week from tomorrow. It will be part of our trip as we head home. I tried several variations of Ticketmaster (Canadian, U.S. and through my account) without luck. The problem was that a free parking pass was included with each ticket and the program would not complete with that option selected yet there was no way to delete it. The closest Ticketmaster counter was at this Walmart.

Problems continued. The Ticketmaster terminal at the Walmart did not allow making ticket choices. I knew the seats I wanted yet I could not make any choices except for the number of tickets and price range. Unbelievable that Ticketmaster is so inept! I did get 2 tickets; however I choose the cheapest available so I wouldn't be P O 'ed (pissed off) at paying a lot for lousy tickets. I knew (from the computer attempts in the motorhome) that tickets (front center, on the aisle) were available yet attempts at the terminal would only the same (lousy) choice. At least I knew (again, from seeing their location when on my computer) where the "Cheap Seats" were. They were in the "Nose Bleeds"; but at least in the center section. I hate having to look sideways at the stage. It's the same music no matter where you sit.


Charlotte went to look for a few items while I bought the tickets. After my ticket purchase I went on a "Secret Mission". I wanted to buy Charlotte a height adjustable folding table (and chair) to allow her to lay out fabric easier in the motorhome. (Beats working on the floor.) A search over the past few days on the internet revealed it was available at Walmart; however the website would not indicate if it was in stock at the local store. I checked...it was...Charlotte was surprised. She used it during the evening as she completed her current quilting project.


Speaking of her quilting project - we stopped back in at "Sew What?" after our Walmart shopping. In a short amount of time the backing, batting and quilt top were set up on the Long Arm Quilter.


Soon Charlotte was adding the "Quilt Stitching" that joined all together.

Our last stop was at the Family Dollar across the road from OMS (Old Mill Stream RV Resort). Charlotte went in to look for the "Protective Equipment" we would need for the "Gallagher" show. More on that tomorrow.


The next few hours were spent at the Laundry Room. As you can see by our "Ladybugs", we needed 4 washers and dryers to do our large load. This should keep us in clean clothes until we get back home near the end of the month.


Charlotte continued working on the quilt during our TV evening.


This was the material Charlotte just couldn't resist buying when at Accent on Quilting. Another neat quilt - job well done!

Today wiped us out - bet we sleep in tomorrow morning!

No comments: