Monday, March 19, 2012

Sat - Mar 17/12

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!




The girls were up and out early. The park was having a Patio Sale! They found a few deals. Charlotte bought a book on quilting (from Pam from London, ON), a T-shirt (Craft Sale in the Ballroom) and a "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" game (Unopened). Catherine didn't find any deals - she just got to carry them!


Wow! I thought we were part of a "Geico" commercial (grin). A gecko decided to come in out of the storm. It took several tries over an hour to finally catch the visitor. They can really scurry away quickly to a spot where we could not trap it under a pot lid. Catherine finally was successful. I slide a piece of cardboard under the lid and deposited it outside. It was out of sight in just a few seconds after being released.

Later in the day we did the recycling. Now that we don't just throw everything into the garbage (can) we find we are amazed by how much packaging is used.


Arizona is preparing for a Big Winter Storm! The pre-storm, with it's clouds and high winds, has arrived and dropped the temperature dramatically. It is 20 degrees F cooler here than back home in Ontario which is having an unusual warm spell (over 70F). We decided to just remain (mostly) in the RV and watch TV.

The rains came late and stayed throughout the night. I love to hear rain on the RV roof. I grew up listening to rain on a tin roof on the back porch just under my bedroom window. I try to listen; but, it puts me to sleep in a short time. We received over an inch of rain here by morning!

Further north (less than 2 hours drive) the received over 4 feet of snow. The interstates (I-40 and I-17) were closed  - parts for over a day due to ice and snow.

It was a good day to stay inside.


No comments: