Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sun - 19 Apr/15

Rained all night - sometimes quite heavy.


They are working hard here to correct the problems caused by the local highway re-alignment. Only the area I am in remains to get drainage tile. Folks are so friendly and helpful at this park - they didn't deserve this hassle. The extra rain didn't do them any favours either.

Help even came from the office to help me disconnect the WES (Water, Electric and Sewer) lines for departure as I didn't have rubber boots to wade in the water and soft mud. It was much appreciated. We were on our way about 10:30 a.m.


Easy connection to I-65 N less than a mile from the park. It took about a half hour to arrive at the Flying J in Franklin, KY to fill-up with Fuel and Food (at Denny's).


Only a little more than a half hour after departing the Flying J we arrived at the KOA (Horse Cave, KY). It is in a very pretty setting. Unfortunately, the pull-thru sites are terribly unlevel.


I met my (almost) neighbours as I stepped out to survey the site levelling problems. Tyson was with his humans (Jim and Nancy). These nice folks are meeting here with a large group of dog lovers from various areas of the USA and Canada who, like them, are arriving with their rescue dogs that they adopted from New Orleans, LA shelters. Tyson will be here for 10 days. It should be a great "Get Together" even if it "Goes to the Dogs" (grin).

My (almost) neighbours moved shortly after our conversation to another pull-thru site at the other end of our row. I did not move as the remaining choices did not appear much better. I decided to pull up the jacks as their automatic levelling effort had the rear dual wheels a half foot off the ground. We put out 2 of the 3 slides and choose to relax for the evening as we have to be up early. Our reserved tour at Mammoth Cave N.P. is at 9:15 a.m.


Light rain off and on (even sun-showers) through the late afternoon. I could only get a single channel (PBS) on the TV antenna and it often went off due to weak signal strength. The park does not have cable.

The Wi-Fi here was also very weak and slow. I reduced the photos by 90% for the blog and it still took almost 2 hours to get everything composed and uploaded.

Don't be surprised if there is no blog for the next few days. I will do my best. Just check and see if I got lucky.

No comments: