Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wed., Jan 16/13

This morning we headed back to the Winter Garden Village Mall. I decided to return the printer to Best Buy rather than send it back to Epson.


 I dropped Charlotte off at Barnes and Noble and continued on to Best Buy. Jen was most helpful and the procedure was quick and painless.

While at Best Buy I picked up a new GPS - a Garmin 3590 LMT. This is not Garmin's latest high end model - a new one just came out - the 3597 LMT. The model I chose is slightly larger and heavier than the new model. I figure I can live with the extra fraction of an ounce and fraction of an inch of thickness. I believe my choice is a better device as it has all the same features including lifetime maps and traffic, as well as a longer battery life, more included features and is about $50 cheaper.

I really like shopping in this mall. It is the nicest we have seem anywhere. It is truly like a village with the small stores on streets with parking in front and the Big Box stores around the perimeter with large adjoining parking lots. It has a nice "Village" feeling.


The mall also has several great restaurants. Our decision for lunch was Five Guys Burger and Fries.


The restaurant features a simple layout of red-and-white checkered decorations, a single counter for purchasing and picking up food, and a few tables and chairs.


The Kitchen is open, bags of potatoes area stacked in customer space as is a box of bulk peanuts.


There are more than 1000 locations across 40 states and in Canada with an additional five stores open every week.


Their burgers are rated the best. GQ awarded the chain "the best $5 burger a man can eat". We agree - at any price.


We get it with the regular toppings (we stop at the Jalapeno Peppers)


The regular burgers are huge and the petite are large. We ordered a regular bacon cheeseburger with small fries (twice the size of a McD's large) and a large drink (refillable). We cut the burger in half and shared. It was all we could do to finish the fries. We didn't even have room for the bulk peanuts that are available for all to munch on.

We enjoyed the trip back to the RV. It was about an easy 50 mile round trip. For most of the trip we are on 6 lane roads (SR-50) with 4 lanes (US-27) to the Resort entrance. Although there is always traffic it is not an overload like the Orlando/Kissimmee area roads. This will be the last day of the above average 80F+ weather so we soaked up the sunshine driving "topless" in the Del Sol.


We were back at the RV in less than half an hour.

I set up the printer to find it still had the same glitch. The glitch is that it always asks if it should reset the date. It just requires I press "No" after start-up. Everything else works fine. I will think on it for a while. Epson already said it would replace it and I have 30 days to return it to Best Buy. I will make a decision before we are scheduled to leave in mid-February. Perhaps I will return it when I get back to Canada as Epson will replace it within the year.

I also set up the GPS. The updates and downloads took several hours due to the slow WI-Fi. It showed an 8 hour download time. There were still 4 hours left when we went to bed at 11 pm. I left it on to finish before morning.

No comments: