Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tues., Jan 15/13

Wow! I can't believe we did virtually nothing today. It is not like us to rest!

Charlotte did make two great meals - Pancakes and Sausage for brunch and Spiced Chicken and potatoes w/ green beans - both delicious.

I updated my database and researched for a new GPS. Two problems - the internet connection was down for a half-hour and I received a reply from Epson report on a question about the new printer.

When I turn it on it always asks if it should use the default time setting. Apparently, this is a rare hardware problem and they will gladly exchange it. Tomorrow I will return it to Best Buy - they should exchange it over the counter. Other than that annoyance - it works fine.

I also spent time trying to decide on a new GPS. This is a big problem as the iWay 500 that I currently have is perfect except for 2 problems. Lowrance no longer supports it which means my maps are way out of date as are the POI's (Points of Interest). The other is that the touch screen often does not work - at least until it warms up. Then, it sometimes stops working. Usually, when I need the GPS the most!

The biggest problem in finding a new GPS is that none can compare or have all of its features. None have the programmability of the iWay 500C - newer isn't always better.

I have narrowed the field to:
Garmin nuvi 3590LMT (Car GPS)

Garmin dēzl 760LMT (Truck GPS)

Rand-McNally RVND 7720 LM (RV GPS)



Each only has a few of the iWays features. I will have to choose which ones I want and I will have to make the choice soon.

Tonight is NCIS night on TV.








No comments: