Thursday, March 07, 2013

Sat., 2 Feb 13

Left home to return to Alabama at 5:05 am. I was in bed since arriving home with a miserable cold - at least it wasn't the flu.

Last night we checked the combination of weather reports for our area and the total route. I use the weather.com interstate weather site and picked the routes - I-81; I-77; I-85 and I-65. Coming home we were just an hour ahead of the big storm all the way. We realized that with the coming storms either here or down south the best time to leave was today.

We arrived at the same motel - Super 8 - Salem, VA - that we stayed in coming home at about 6 p.m. A little snow around Syracuse (as usual - lake affect) and a bit of freezing rain on the windshield further south. Other than that it was a good drive.

We had supper at Arby's around the corner on Main St. We returned to the room, left a 6 am wake-up and were asleep shortly thereafter.


No comments: